EMERGENCY! 3CX not accepting SIP Invites from VOIP Provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dvelleux, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvelleux

Folks,

I have a MAJOR issue. Had a router crash, so I replaced it with a better one that is working perfectly, however, 3CX is now back to not accepting SIP INVITES from the VOIP provider. The issue went away for a time after I reinstalled 3CX entirely. It is only 3 phones, so it is not a big set-up, but this is frustrating to the max...

I am going to be on site Monday morning at 7AM to work with the VOIP provider, but this seems to be on the 3CX end on this site, not theirs. Any ideas where I can start looking? Thanks in a HUGE way...

2. dvelleux

Re: EMERGENCY! 3CX not accepting SIP Invites from VOIP Provi

Folks,

Additional info: I added on all the updates for 3CX V9. Would doing this have any possible side effects to cause this issue? I am using the free version and not intigrating the PBX with Exchange. 3CX is runnign on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on an HP DL80 G4...

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3CX logs?

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

What type of router?

Does it have a firewall in it?

Is the firewall turned on?

Are the correct ports being forwarded to 3cx?

The chances are it is the router seeing as everything worked before it crashed, you replaced it and now some things from the outside (port 5060 for example) now do not work.

Can you telnet from the outside to 3cx on port 5060?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dvelleux

Router: Linksys E1000

When running firewall checker, all tests show as perfect, without warning or errors. The PBX ran well for two weeks, then I installed all the updates for the system.

VOIP provider can do line captures that shows the PBX is not responding to SIP INVITES. Am able to surf the web freely. PBX registers with VOIP provider, just PBX will nto respond to SIP INVITES...

I will probably reinstall 3CX (again) and leave off the updates, to see how it reacts...

6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

A silly question: Did you try restarting the PBX?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. dvelleux

Folks,

The PBX is running. The issue involved Windows Firewall. I had a friend who is a 3CX partner look at it via remote control and he said nothing was wrong except Windows Firewall. He had me turn it off fully and it works...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.