• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Emergency calls (911) prioratise

Status
Not open for further replies.

wick54

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering is there any feature in 3CX that will prioratise emergency calls (911/111)

for example, if i'm having the maximum simultaneous call limit of 4, and if somebody need to make an emergency call (911 in USA, 111 in NZ) while there are 4 simultaneous calls are going, one of those calls must be dropped and emrgency call (911 in USA, 111 in NZ) must be get the priority

can anyone let me know if 3CX has such a feature

since people may get panic in an emergence situation, they might dial 911, eventhough they live in New Zealand (in New Zealand It's 111), is it possible that we can assign multiple numbers that will routed to one emergence call number

for an example, if somebody dial either 111, 1111, 911or 1911 they all should routed to external 111 number which is the emergency call number

this must an essential for any oraganisation

please help me for get more information about that

No, there is no system I have ever heard of that would drop an existing call for a 911 call. How would you know if that call the system decided to drop was someone on the phone with poison control dealing with an emergency situation? If you think that you may need to dial 911/111 while are your circuits are busy than I would add another line that is dedicated to emergency dialing or use a service such as 911Enable for your 911/111 calls.

Exactly what Kerry said.

I always recommend a backup line for outage use or 911. Keep an extra line on an ATA, and set a dial plan for 911. The peace of mind is worth the minimal cost. You can even get an ATA with FXS pass through in case of a system failure,

I think you are missing the point.

I agree that a backup PSTN line with a dial plan for emergency codes (911,111,112,000,999, etc) is an excellent idea BUT that is of NO value if 3CX is at the limit of its license eg 4 simultaneous calls etc. It would be good if you could designate an emergency code in the dial plan that 3CX would always attempt to connect regardless of license usage, the same as mobile (cell) phones can make such a call even without a SIM card inserted. (at least in Australia).

I hate to put it this way, but maybe you should look at getting a bigger license key. Why should an emergency call be a bypass around the license that you paid for? Planning for emergency calls is the same as planning for circuit usage, storage requirements, and every other sizing issue. Just because you may actually need an emergency call on a rare basis doesn't mean it should be free.

wick54 said:
since people may get panic in an emergence situation, they might dial 911, eventhough they live in New Zealand (in New Zealand It's 111), is it possible that we can assign multiple numbers that will routed to one emergence call number

You can take any of these numbers (or ANY number) and convert then to the local emergency number in the outbound rules. Just be sure that there isn't a situation where someone could possibly dial that combination in error.

thank you guys for your valuable advices..........

I know that this is an old thread, but I really think that we need to revisit this, particularly in light of the Emergency Numbers option in V11. The only objection that was raised to such a feature being in 3CX is that you might cut off someone on an emergency call. That can easily be overcome by saying that in order to place an emergency call (999, 911, 111, whatever, including Poison Control, or any other number that is in the Emergency Numbers list,) that if a free line is needed, a non-emergency call would be dropped. Put all of your possible emergency numbers in the list, and then 3CX could handle it. I think that this is a very valuable feature. No other system may have it, but, then, that would be a selling point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.