Emergency Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by seebacher, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seebacher

Hello,

i have configured my 3cx to use a 0 in front of an external call.... so if you would like to call to an external extension you have to dial a 0 in front. i need to do this because of the situation that the hotel use a 3 based extension system and also have internal extension with the same number as some emergency numbers here in austria.
    my problem now is that this hotel also have internal extension which also used as a emergency number like 122 or 133. also they would like to disable external calls from the guest extension... as they should be allowed to dial to the an emergency number i have added 0122, 0133 and so on to 3cx emergency numbers. the problem is that this numbers will not get over the configured outbound rules > this rule should delete the 0 in front (for an external call) but it doesn't! so the emergency call can not be done!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can do this in a couple of ways.

You could create rules that don't rely on the leading zero in the emergency number. this rule could be made use of all extensions, even those that are normally allowed to dial 0+ numbers. In an emergency situation, and not familiar with calling patterns, many people will just try to dial the emergency number with no prefix.

You can also incorporate a list of extension numbers to block 0+ numbers for the sets that are not allowed to call out. This would still allow others to call out. You can also create a rule just for the emergency number (0112) and place that ahead of the "catch all" rule for the remaining 0+ numbers. Rules are acted upon from top to bottom.

These rules could be in addition to the first suggestion.

3. seebacher

but when you just dial 122 you will dial to an internal extension or not?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You very well could, it is up to you to plan a numbering scheme that avoids those sorts of conflicts. Many users avoid using "1" as the first digit in extension numbers as it is also a common outside number first digit, in many places when an access digit isn't desired. I personally reserve 1XX for speed calling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.