Emergency number for email Alert

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jjhonny, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjhonny

In General -> Email Alerts the box to insert the number to consider to send email alert when calling an emergency number are not avaiable, only the chek box for activate the function.
    Is a bug?
    Where i can insert the number for this function?
    ----------- Consideration ----------------
    I have see the good email send email on missing call, but this feature is only for internal number.
    I best if this function join also the cellular numebr associated at one internal number so if the person is called on your internal number or on your cellular number the email on missing call is sendig equally.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Thank you.
    Regards

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

So you would like a phone number to be called when someone dials an emergency number instead of an email sent to someone? I do not think this is a bug. This is the way it is currently designed.

The best you could do probably is monitor that email box for whatever that email says, and forward it to an SMS, ie: phonenumber@cellprovider.net

We use a similar idea for notifications to our on call personnel. Voice Message left in inbox. Copy forwarded via email to MMS address, phonenumber@mms.provider.net

New ideas can be submitted here: https://apps.facebook.com/threecxideas

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jjhonny

The email alert sending on a emergency called number is a feature that is currently on 3cx.
    What i have see after update from v.10 to v.11 is what i have write (no box is displayed to insert emergency number) follow my first post please.
    This i a forum of 3cx v.11!

My consideration about this feature is to extend on cellular number called in the internal number of 3cx when missing call is lost (this is the new feature of 3cx v.11), because now is working only on internl number like 200 - 201 ecc....

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I am sorry I am not understanding your requirement. My experience with v10 is minimal...
    hopefully someone else will respond for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

Sorry but I don't understand either your request. Let me explain to you how is working the emergency number email notification and maybe this will clarify your requests:

First of all you have to add your emergency numbers in specific tab under Settings menu. Those numbers will be available for calling disregarding your settings for trunk or for extension.
    In tab General->Email Notifications first you have to enter one or more email addresses for notifications to be sent to. This you can do in Email Address field from above. After this you have to enable whatever notifications do you want to be sent from PBX to those mail addresses specified above.

Of course you will need a SMTP server configured for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.