Emergency numbers via 3CX -> Plivo

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by benitok, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benitok

Hi,

We want setup emergency numbers for Australia and Singapore on our PBX. We do have a SIP trunk in Australia and Singapore. We've configured them under (V15.5.5) Settings - PBX Settings - Emergency Numbers.

When we tried to dial them we got the following error,

<Call to T:Line:10001>>999@[Dev:sip:....sipsg@18....6575.....74.zt.plivo.com:5060] from L:534.1[Extn:007] failed, cause: Cause: 503 Service Unavailable/INVITE from ........:5060>

We logged a ticket with Plivo and they responded with the following,

"..Kindly note you would not be able to make phone calls to emergency numbers using Plivo ZenTrunk as we use international routes to make phone calls and generally emergency numbers are available only locally..."

Am I missing something. Do we need a different type of SIP Trunk for emergency numbers?

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @benitok

Apparently, if your current provider allows you to make only local emergency calls then there is nothing you can do besides using a different provider. Furthermore i would always advice you to use 3CX supported providers as they have been tested for their functionality.

Thank you

3. benitok

@IoannisM_3C Thank you, I will contact 3CX supported providers in Singapore and Australia.

IoannisM_3CX likes this.
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Some find that using a PSTN line, and a gateway, at each location works well, as only the PSTN number will ever be sent to the emergency services. The line(s) can also be shared with the local Fax machines, if currently deployed.

5. benitok

@leejor Thank you. We will look into this as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.