Emergency Situation - Vendor Not Providing 3CX V12 Backups

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jzollo, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jzollo

Good Morning!

We have a very time sensitive situation here and I could use some assistance.

In a nutshell, we signed up with a 3CX partner, and after some serious downtime issues, we decided to leave. Unfortunately, this provider caught wind that we planned on ditching them, so they essentially decided to prematurely terminate our partnership.

We had around 12 hosted phone systems with this partner, 9 of them were on V14, 3 are on V12. We requested full instance backups on Oct 25th, it is 11/19/17 and we have only received 1 of the 3 backups we originally requested.

They are shutting us down and deleting everything in 11 days, on 11/30/17.

I need a way to extract a backup from 3CX Version 12 with only having access to the web interface. If anyone has any insights, or advice, I am pretty desperate at the moment. We're looking at manually programming everything but we really need call recordings, IVR's, voicemails, etc.

Thanks in advance!!

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

What did the owner say when you called?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jzollo

They keep promising to provide backups but action isn't being taken. We've been begging and pleading - it just isn't going to happen. If it does, it will probably be 1-2 days before they shut us down - and that wouldn't give us enough time to migrate to the new provider with no downtime on the instances.

It's disappointing that people would stoop to this level, but I guess that's the world we live in.

4. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

You keep saying "they.' Are you speaking with the owner?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jzollo

I spoke with the CEO. At this point we're really just looking for any way to get our data.

6. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

All should be in writing. Tell him you don't want to litigate any loss.

7. us1

us1

jzollo, if you are still having problems getting your data, send me a PM and we can discuss strategies to get your backups and get your clients back up and running.

8. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

this is one reason why 3CX has give you the access to the backups now in the MMC and even backup location you can control...
    Already that you have been left so long on those version is not good!

But in v12 it was a local tool for backup generation...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.