Emoji icons & File Transfer via 3CX chat

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by voiphorizon, Mar 26, 2016.

Emoji icons & File Transfer via 3CX chat 4.6 5 13votes
4.6/5, 13 votes

1. voiphorizon

It would be good to have Similies (just like one of these 8| ) to put in the 3CX chat bar, making it more lively.
    Moreover, file transfer (limited to certain file size) should be allowed using the 3CX chat window.

Thanks,

XanthiZ likes this.
  2. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

I'm a software developer. Some time ago, it was my job to develop the graphics handling inside a popular word-processor that shall go unnamed. Strange as it may sound, recreation for a developer is often the same thing as work, only we do what we want to do rather than what we're supposed to do. So, in my own spare time, I thought it would be cool to create an animated steaming coffee cup for those moments when the graphics module was crunching vectors and so on. I implemented what I thought was a pretty cool feature; and yet when it showed up in the pre-release, the criticism was blistering. Most of it was centered around the huge list of critical features that COULD have been implemented instead of a silly steaming coffee cup. I have never forgotten that lesson and of course it has come full circle right now.

If emoticons show up before multiple calls in ring groups - I will be needing a yet-to-be-created emoticon to express myself ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Couldn't agree more.

3CX Chat is the wild west for us. Cannot disable and no moderation. To add file transfer would be a DLP nightmare for us. Sorry OP, I would not want to see this until there is more administrative chat controls in 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    craigreilly and ralph.duplessis7 like this.
  4. DovydasJ

Hello,

It would be great to have:
    1. Option to enable/disable chat for user
    2. File transfer in chat

5. giaspace

Would love to attach images via Chat.

6. narkumas

narkumas New Member

7. cornholio21

Yes please... Since we are migrating from Jabber to 3CX chat client, this would be a good feature. Please consider to add file type rules, so you can select which files are allowed.

8. kieferschild

There needs to be more administration for the chats. I'm glad they added chat logging at least but i think a disable feature needs to be implemented. Why do they need emojis? They need to be working. I've found the chat function is for quick question/answers not for staff to IM their friends all day.

9. cornholio21

Must be boring in your company ;)
    We like to express the feeling to chat partners, why not using emojis for this?
    File transfers would boost productivity.

10. kieferschild

We have an open office so we generally chat to each other openly and only use IM to privately converse. You can still express yourself with text based emojis ;-)
    Whilst we're at it, why do we get the ability to change the wallpaper on the chat window so I can express myself as an individual? in terms of priorities I dont feel it should be addressed first. As for file transfer - how would this be audited? How secure would it be? Probably fine for small companies but most have a domain with a server with central storage, there should be no need to transfer files via IM. Even now, small companies can use Office 365's one drive and such.

11. Gav

Gav

+1 for emojis