Implemented Enable Internal IP Change

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Scott Coleman, May 16, 2017.

Implemented Enable Internal IP Change 3.7 5 3votes
3.7/5, 3 votes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Coleman

We are an IT company and we have recently setup 3 3CX servers for remote locations. once they arrived at their final destination they had to be reloaded and a backup restored just to change the internal IP. I feel that this is a bit overkill to just change the internal IP address.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Perhaps setting up a small router with their IP Scheme would be helpful instead of setting up on your network.
    Simply ask the customer what IP they would like to assign.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Scott Coleman

That's what we have done for now. It just seems a little inconvenient as we also have a network where their IP scheme is about to change due to poor prior network management.

4. V..

V..

Hi Scott, while not officially supported the internal IP address can be changed using the advanced parameters table under the settings menu.

If you search for the IP of the internal interface and change all instances where it occurs you should not have any issues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I can guarantee you that if you change the IP this way you will have issues down the road. The only way to change the local IP is by re-installing the system

Paul Omans likes this.
  6. islandtech

Can you provide example of the issues that might encountered?

7. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Just don't do it islandtech. Whenever something strange happens you'll always wonder if it's related to that (well I did anyways, that 1 time I did it) and it doesn't really save that much time anyways.

Paul Omans likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.