Enable redirect to external number from phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Christoph, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christoph

Hi

We are having a site running 3cx 7.x and Astra 57i phones. Now we would like to configure the following.

If staff is in the office, they pick up the phone - whenever there is no staff they would like to enable a redirect to an external number (mobile phone etc.). They would like to have a key on one of the phones they could press to enable/disable the redirect. Is this somehow doable with the Aastra 57i and if yes how has this to be done?

thanks
    Christoph

2. STCJeff

Hi Christoph,

Did you want to do this for the entire office on one button, or per extension?

3. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Sounds like a requirement for *61 for away, and *60 for available, and set the call forwarding rule for each extension to the external number.

How to wire up those dial codes to feature keys on the Astra I don't know. But to get phones redirecting surely it'll have to be call forwarding options, and call forwarding is usually triggered by no answer, busy, or away - that's the best of my knowledge on the subject. Good luck finding a solution.

Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Christoph

For the entire office, so the main DDI Number is redirected. Thanks

Christoph

5. STCJeff

I don't know of an easy way to do the whole office at once. We've either had everyone log out (via the phone or the 3CX Assistant), or simply hit DND on all the phones when we leave. Not the most elegant solution. It would be nice if 3CX supported some receptionist features where one phone could have codes to override the office hours or route all calls to 'x' or something. Or even if you could have a supervisor log entire ring groups or qeues in and out (maybe via the assistant).

The Aastra phones do support xml so it might be possible to write a script that would log all the phones out or set to DND, but not being an xml guy I don't know how to do it.

If you want to log each extension in/out individually then, as Lewis suggested, it's just a matter of assigning the appropriate dial codes to a feature key in the web interface for the Aastra phone. I put it into the button group at the top of the phone, but it should work on any of the button groups.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

6. Christoph

ok, thanks for the help. I will see how we solve this, a receptionist feature would very nice to override functions for the "main" numbers like auto attendant, redirect etc...

thanks
    Christoph

7. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

You could use the DND feature on the main phone and setup a rule on that extension for busy/unavailable. Then you could manipulate the call as desired.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Christoph

Thanks, sorry for asking, but how would that be done - what is it in detail this DND feature? I'm a newbie to 3cx so any help is appreciated.

christoph

9. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Do not dial feature, is basically placing the phone in a mode that rejects all incoming calls.

So you would enable DND via button on the phone, or feature code. Then setup a call rule in the extension settings to reflect accordingly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.