Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Enable "Show unregistered extensions" by default for all Windows Clients (15.5.1694.0)

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by Justin Eastridge, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin Eastridge

Late night I updated our Windows client on our 3CX server. Then I come in today and people are complaining they can't see the full address book. We have all of our agents in the 3CX directory but they don't actually use the 3CX system. That means that they have extension but are normally left at unregistered. After the update, the windows client only showed the available extensions and people couldn't access the full directory. However on my Android client I have no problem seeing the full address by default. I found out that if I go into the Windows client I can change 'Show unregistered extensions' then under Presence information it shows the full address book.

Do I have to do this manually for every Windows client or is there something server side I can do to fix this?

2. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Justin Eastridge,

Unfortunately no, there is no global setting for all the clients. The option is client based.
    You can however post it as a feature request in the forum's Ideas section where it can be upvoted and be reviewed from the appropriate department.

3. dan_tx

dan_tx New Member

You could run a powershell script on all your pc's that have 3cx installed that changes the 3cx config file. Then they will show unregistered extensions for all users that have logged into those computers and ran 3cx in the past.

You want to change the line
    <ShowUnregisteredExtensions>False</ShowUnregisteredExtensions>

to
    <ShowUnregisteredExtensions>True</ShowUnregisteredExtensions>

This post goes into detail on scripting it or using a basic .bat file to run it against all the user folders on a pc.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...ze-provision-and-deploy-the-3cx-client.47499/

4. dieu2villejuif

The problem with powershell is that it triggers the UAC, so if the user doesn't have the admin privilege on his machine, it can be annoying.

I found a script to change specific lines in the extension file. I put it as a logon script so it's executed before the 3CX client, as you can't change the file while it's being executed.

Code:
    @ECHO OFF &SETLOCAL
    taskkill /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq 3CX*" /F

cd "%appdata%\3CXPhone for Windows"

SET "file=3CXPhone.xml"
    SET /a Line#ToSearch=the number of the line you want to change
    SET "Replacement=<ShowUnregisteredExtensions>True</ShowUnregisteredExtensions>"

(FOR /f "tokens=1*delims=:" %%a IN ('findstr /n "^" "%file%"') DO (
        SET "Line=%%b"
        IF %%a equ %Line#ToSearch% SET "Line=%Replacement%"
        SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
        ECHO(!Line!
        ENDLOCAL
    ))>"%file%.new"

TYPE "%file%.new"
    MOVE "%file%.new" "%file%"
    It's not really complete, as i could have checked if the 3CX client is running before the taskkill line, but it works like a charm for me.

dan_tx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.