Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

enabling all extensions to barge in on calls on outside line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asinshesq, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asinshesq

I have a number of yealink voip phones on my lan (yealink t20s and w52s) tied together with 3cx and a patton gateway that connects the system to a single analog line from my phone service provider (Fairpoint). Is there a way to set things up so that whenever one extension is using the analog line (either incoming or outgoing) other extensions can barge into the call (presumably with a tone announcing the barge)? I have a pbx at another location that allows this and I'd really like to do it for my voip system as well. Thanks for any suggestions you may have on this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Re: enabling all extensions to barge in on calls on outside

Barge-in is a feature with the 3CX Pro versions. You can see the feature variations here:
    http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison/

This particular feature is a part of the call center features.

To be clear, I believe the feature only allows one extension at a time to barge-in; otherwise it would be more akin to a conference call.

Hope this helps.

3. asinshesq

Thanks. Given that I only have one outside line and a few extensions, $670 is a pretty steep price to pay for this feature (though I do like that feature),so I guess I will teach other family members how to use conf call (or maybe I'll just sprinkle a few analog phones around the house directly tied to the outside line ;) ).

Alan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I don't totally understand why you would want this... Are you not able to get a VoIP provider so you don't have the issue of not enoug lines?

5. asinshesq

This is a phone system in my own home. When grandma calls, I'd like the kids to be able to join the call from wherever they are in the house without having to conference them in. Is there another way to do this?

6. 3CXNP

3CXNP Support Team
    3CX Support

Hey!

You can do this either by conferencing other people in the house together by conference call or as you mentioned, tieing it to an analogue phone line (existing home cabling).

Conference calling would be the ultimate scenario as then you could use the internal extensions to call other rooms, or if someone calls asking for someone, you dont need to shout through the house for that person!

With just one extension on all analog phones means you lose this functionality.

Hope this helps!

7. asinshesq

Sorry to drag up an old topic, but since I started it... ;)
    I now have 3cx pro and I understand I can use 3cx phone to barge in to a call on another extension, but is there a way for one regular extension to barge into a call of another extension? If so, how? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.