Enabling multi-line functionality

Discussion in 'Windows' started by TSDKen, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSDKen

I assume 3CX has this feature: allowing a second call to ring on line 2 when a phone already has a call on line 1. The person on the phone can then place the first caller on hold, while taking the second call. As far as I can tell this feature is not currently working on either my Polycom, SNOM or even my 3CX soft phone. Any help would be appreciated.

Ken

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Ken
    From what you described here, is seems that is not a phone (device) problem, but a (wrong) setting in their corresponding extension in the PBX. So, please try to open, in the PBX management console, extension configuration page, the "Forwarding Rules" tab, and there, on the bottom of the page, check for "Busy detection mechanism". If is set to "use PBX status", change it to "use phone status", click Apply, then OK, then try again your phone.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TSDKen

Thanks for the quick reply and simple fix. That is what I was looking for. Completely fixed my SNOM 820 and 3CX soft phone.

I am still having some issues with my Polycom 501 second and third lines showing up as direct link buttons to other phone extensions, but that is probably a problem for another post.

Ken

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Do you configure that extension for BLF keys in the phone provisioning panel?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.