Solved enabling sipcli

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cambocambo, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cambocambo

Hi

Is it possible to enable sipcli somehow. I have a requirement for an application to monitor a directory and when files are created make a phone call to a tone based pager ie: ring a number then play a wave file.

in the log it says "PBX has dropped a message with 'User-Agent: sipcli/v2.2' from ip ..... because it is on the blocked UAs list"

Thanks

2. paul1

Yes. You can go to your "Settings -> Advanced -> Custom Parameters" and edit the parameter "SEC_IGNORE_USER_AGENT". Remove sipcli from the list of agents to ignore.

Good Luck!

3. OliverTe

Paul1, this solution was correct until 3CX v15 Update 5. 3CX is now updating the SEC_IGNORE_USER_AGENT from remote, at least with every restart of the 3CX server/service. This means changes to this parameter will NOT be persistent.
    We are facing the same problem now as we have used sipcli in order to call a ring group when a reed sensor contact of a door was opened. We have already been in contact with 3CX support and they lapidary told us to use a different software than sipcli but could not recommend a suitable alternative for this use case.
    The behaviour 3CX shows makes me angry. This is my PBX and I should be the only one who is setting the rules of which clients should be allowed or denied to connect to the PBX.

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Oliver Te,

Sipcli also a user agent used in hacking/scanning tools and it is blocked for this reason. If you need to enable the sipcli, then this will leave you vulnerable to scanners and or hacking attempts your system. You might consider it a "problem" in this specific scenario but those agents are blocked by design for those reasons. We cannot recommend any third party tools as we do not know their inner workings and we cannot confirm their compliance or compatibility with the system on this basis.We cannot remove the sipcli from the security list as you need it to for this specific scenario. In your case you need to find another application which is not listed on our block list and suits on your requirements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.