Encryption [Relayed from German Forum]

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by NMN, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NMN

NMN

I found this post in the German forum. As it is fairly quite over there, but the question is intriguing, I though I post a translation of it here:

Original post: http://www.3cx.de/forums/verschlusselung-7.html

I am sure mschmidt would appreciate any insight and I will gladly translate any answer posted here ... :D

NMN

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. FITEC

did you get any info relating SIPS/SRTP?

3. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

As of the release of V7, 3CX can do SSIP. We are still working on SRTP, however there is no ETA on this.

As to configuring secure SIP please review http://www.3cx.com/support/Secure-SIP.html .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Darrin

Any chance there's an ETA on the SRTP feature now?

Also, If we have remote clients using the proxy/tunnel, is there any encryption applied (ie: do we need to employ SSIP/SRTP over the tunnel or is that redundant)?

Darrin

5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Currently, tunnel do not encrypt its traffic, but there's still no Wireshark plugin to extract audio streams out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.