End call after 2/3 rings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Omi Azad, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omi Azad

Hi,
    I want to do 2 tings. When someone calls my SIP number, he will listen 2 rings and then the call will be dropped automatically. But I will fetch that number from call log.

Also I want to play a 5 sec IVR and drop the call. I know how to do this but the IVR says thank you before dropping the call. This is what I do not want. I do not want to play Thank You.

Can anyone suggest how I do this?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Why not use the extension forwarding options to send the call to voicemail after 2 rings, when not available. The outgoing message doesn't have to tell the caller to leave a message. A long period of silence at the end of the message will encourage them to hang up, as will ..."thank you, and goodbye" as the final words of the message.

3. Omi Azad

Actually I do not want the caller to spend any money. This is why I want to drop the call and call back.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Without actually answering the call, you can't terminate it after a given number of rings. Unanswered, that would be up to the caller.

In essence, you want a call-back service. Unfortunately that sort of service relies on the caller knowing to hang-up, then wait for the return call.

5. Omi Azad

Well, if you drop your incoming call in SIP Trunk and you will still see the incoming calls in the log. So this is how we can see.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3CX as it stands is not designed to terminate calls, it is designed to route calls to a destination, which is in turn, expected to be answered. You may be looking for a third part add-on, of some sort.Something which may or may not be available.

Another forum member may be able to make a suggestion.

7. Omi Azad

Is there any way we can re-direct the call to a false extension, which will drop the call eventually?

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you want the call to be dropped then you can do this by using an extension or ring group.Route the calls to an extension and set the timeout to a few seconds and select end call as the destination. If you want to play a message however this means the call will be answered by the PBX either by voicemail or an IVR so the costumer will be charged.

Attached Files:

9. Omi Azad

Thanks for the great help. It helped!
    :)

#9 Omi Azad, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.