equipment question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by abelaguilar, Nov 6, 2007.

1. abelaguilar

Wondering what you all think.

I have 4pstn lines. Currently i'm using the spa 3102 from linksys at home for testing purposes. I'd like to get 3 more of these and use these as 4 fxo/fxs ports.

Any disadantage to going with 4 spa 3102's? i'm familiar with the setup. Linksys/cisco has been around for a long time.

Is this type of equipment not recommended for business stable applications?

my phones are polycom 501's.

Thanks

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I think they are hit or miss. For business applications I'd go with either Grandsteam, AudioCodes or Patton. More $$ but call quality and reliability are supposed to be much better.

3. Ryandc

Don't use the Grandstream GXW-410x series. If you read through these forums, you'll see all kinds of complaints. I have two of them gathering dust on a shelf in my office; the only purpose they served was to inspire me to go to all-digital VOIP. Grandstream phones are on par with the Linksys SPA series (I have a mix of Grandstreams and SPA922s on our thirty-some-odd phone setup).

The Audiocodes get fairly good reviews, and the Patton reviews are almost uniformly positive.

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I'm using the Grandstream for emergency backup lines and incoming calls to the phone numbers until everything is ported over.

Care to sell them?

5. abelaguilar

thank you guys, this really helps. I think i'm going with patton. Is one better or easier at configuring than the other?

Thankagain.

6. Ryandc

Yeah, I wouldn't mind unloading one of them, actually. We've got two of the 4108's, I think we paid $300 per. I'd be happy to sell at $200.

I've also got a Synway two-port adapter that uses a USB interface if you're interested (leftover from testing). It's meant for use with Axon software.

--Ryan