Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Error, application is not present!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by grnerd, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnerd

I apologize if I am asking a rudimentary question, but I have done some searches here and have not found success.

I am putting together my first 3CX system to give it a test drive for to replace our aging fonality system. I have some spare Polycom phones, and am trying to get them registered with the 3CX server.

I have created an option 66 entry in out DHCP server that points to the 3CX server http://172.16.2.40:5000/provisioning/b6obm03lfu

I reset the phone to factory. The REV listed when I press about is 4.1.1.0232

I have created and extension to use the Polycom SPIP550 (4.x.x)

When the phone boots, it says "Error, application is not present!"

I have downloaded the Polycom 4.1.1 Zip file, but I am not sure where to extract it to. The way I read it in some of the posts here, the contents should go into C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\b6obm03lfu, but that seems messy to me. If I try that, the phone says ....2345-125001-001.sip.ld is not compatible...

THat makes me think it is the right folder, but the firmware is wrong or something.

Can anyone help me? I really am excited to get this system up and tested!

2. grnerd

I figured it out! In all of the documentation I read, it never mentioned that you need to download the Polycom® Upgrader 4.0.0 Utility and extract those files into the provisioning directory as well!

3. netswork

netswork Active Member

I am having a very similar issue. What was the exact polycom upgrade you copied? The one I see available on polycoms site is 4.4.0B.

Also are you using any BLF's? Had any trouble with the phone locking up?

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. grnerd

So this was back in August when I originally discovered it while building a test 3CX installation locally. Now it is Mid November, and I am building the Production 3CX on a hosted server, and I got stuck in the same place. I did a search to figure out why the other phones are not provisioning, and I came across this old post where I had already figured out the answer.... My brain is getting old...

I will let you know if it works

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

Make sure you are using option 66 in dhcp for the provisioning URL. Have bootROM 4.4.0 upgrader in the provisioning folder. Also use 4.0.7 split firmware...its solid.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. grnerd

That was it. I actually just zipped up that whole provisioning file from my text and extracted it to my production...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.