Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

[ERROR]Authentication failed for SipReq

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by illera88, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illera88

Hi all,

I installed the 3CX server on a Windows Server 2008 R2. I have created a few extensions for some users.
    The problem is that I can not get the clients to connect to the server. I have opened port 5060 windows firewall and in fact I appear in the log synchronization attempts.
    But get this error:
    Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER server.com: 5060 tid = 8a534jh645974 CSeq = REGISTER contact = 1003@40.2.23.1: 59864/2 from (wire), Reason: Credentials do not match, check authorization-ID That and password match the ones in extension settings

I know that the error says is that the credentials ID / pass do not match to the credentials that the server has stored. I tested it many times with different users and even the random password created by default but nothing at all ... It connects and throws this error in the log.

I have tested with 3CX application for both PC and Android. It give exactly the same error.

Why is this? How do I fix it?

If you need more information just say so.

thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Try this...create a new extension. Keep the password simple, like same as the extension number, just as a test. You don't want to leave that up for too long as someone may use it to hack your system. Are you "cutting and pasting" passwords/usernames?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.