Error connecting to Phone System Web API with 3CXPhone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by boomschtick, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boomschtick

I'm having problems with 3cxPhone. It works fine in CTI mode, but in 3cxPhone mode (in or out of office), I get the following error:

3CX Phone for Windows could not establish a connection to the 3CX phone System Web API. As a result features like Contacts and presence information will not be be available. you can still make and receive Phone Calls via SIP whilst we try and re-establish full functionality in the background.

True enough to the error, I can make SIP calls in 3cxPhone mode, but this error pops up quite frequently and is annoying to say the least. Also true to the error, I get no presence information, contact info, or the ability to use the visual voice mail. I have installed the 3cxPhone app on the 3cx server and it does not seem to have any problems there.

So it sounds like a firewall problem, but I have no idea how to fix it. I manually opened up the ports mentioned here: http://www.3cx.com/docs/firewall-router-configuration-voip/ and that did not seem to help. I'd love some guidance on what to try next.

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    For such issue please review this article from our blog : http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cxphone-presence-self-help/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. boomschtick

Setting the exemption in ESet AV worked. I would not have thought of doing that since we are not running ESet's firewall, but something in the AV was stopping the application from working as it should. I had "disabled" the AV in troubleshooting and it did not make a difference.

Thanks for the assist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.