Error during installation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LukePBX, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukePBX

Hi all,
    I've installed successfully a 3cx free edition on a Windows XP SP2 test machine; i tested it with success (2 extentions, 2 voip lines).

Now i want to install it on my family server in order to dismiss my analog personal pbx, but during installation i get an error message: "3CX PhoneSystem setup ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run installation again." but without any other information or message.

Checking the system i see that all service is installed but not started. You can start them manually with exception for "Database server" that return an "Error 5 access denied".

What can i fix to install 3cx ?

Thanks for suggestions.

2. aguilar

aguilar New Member

hello
    in which system server are you installing it?

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LukePBX

I'm sorry for my lapse.

Both systems are windows xp pro sp2.

In the meanwhile i've discovered a workaround:
    - Run setup and stop with error
    - Copied from test system (setup ok without error) the entire directory c:\programmi\3cxphonesystem into new system overwriting present files
    - Inserted user \phonesystem__3cx__ into "users" security gruop

Now the system is up and running.

I'm curious about errore cause and a valid installation procedure.

Thanks again

4. landfiets

landfiets New Member

I am guessing your test system was a clean one especially for 3CX. Your family server might be changed in the last few months with more software more configuration. To find out where the problem is, you should think back what kind of software you installed and what you did in terms of giving rights to certain users. Maybe you were just not logged in as administrator in your family server..........there can be so many possibilities..... Just be happy that it runs.
    For a (hopefully not) next time just try to install it on a clean or well documentated server. And as I' ve said more often on this forum, you could always ttry running it in a virtual machine, that would help since it' s his " own" environment without any disturbing other software.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.