Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Error Editting Extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GapManCA, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GapManCA

I am getting the error in the attachment when I save changes to an extension. I am running v14 SP3.

Attached Files:

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

As the error message states - there is an issue with the template for that extension. To get rid of the error you need to find the template issue - also mentioned in the error. It is balking at hpbx_http_port.

I use an unsupported phone and need to keep the templates up to date myself. It looks as though
    Code:
    %%PROVLINK%%
    or
    Code:
    %%PROVLINKLOCAL%%
    may be in use now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GapManCA

I see the problem that you are pointing out and I was able to find the proper variable from one of the built in templates, thanks. However 3CX better update their documentation because on this page:

http://www.3cx.com/support/phone-provis ... variables/

the variable that I am having a problem with is valid.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

i do from time to time see older content... i am sure it is a huge responsibility to keep all of the content up to date.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. GapManCA

I respect that keeping the documentation upto date is a big job. What would at least make it easier for us lowly users was if you stated on the page what version of the software this was pertaining to, then atleast we would know.

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Just an update, the document has been updated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.