Error generating config file for gateway "subnet mask"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tokyopaul, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tokyopaul

I have a fresh install of v12.0.31763.282.
    I am trying to add a PSTN gateway.
    I selected the Patton SN-4950/4960/4980/4990 4-port T1 - R6.x
    On the next page selected United States and NI2, left the rest as default.
    On the next page gave it an IP address. Then took the default ports. Skipped the rules for now.
    Ports were created and displayed, along with list of SIP user ID's, Authentication ID's and passwords.
    When clicking on the 'Generate config file' button at the bottom of the page, a dialog box displays saying:
    "Please enter the subnet mask."

I feel this is a bug as I didn't see anywhere to enter a subnet mask on the "add PSTN gateway" setup.

Any help?

2. tokyopaul

I found the issue.
    The way I found it was to back out of V12 and try V11 and the same issue occurred. The error dialog box was a suppressed new browser window. In the window it said "Please enter the subnet mask." And it displayed the IP address of the 3CX server and a Class C subnet mask (255.255.255.0), even though the server has a subnet mask of 255.255.254.0. I changed the subnet mask in the dialog box to match that of the server and then I was able to save the config file.

Seems like a bug to me. Actually two bugs. One is the poor display of the dialog box, which never came to the foreground in V12. Another is the fact that they are asking me to enter the subnet mask of the 3CX server when that is something that is obtainable programatically and automatically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.