Error handling

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by SWSDEV, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

When catching an exception, I'm logging the error to the database in the error handling workflow.

However none of the project error variables are available when I try to select the variables I want.

What I'd like to do is get those errors so I can log them.

I want to also trap the exception messages returned from custom code components.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Variables project$.CurrentErrorName$ and project$.CurrentErrorDescription$ are added by the debugger, and are only available in the debug window. You can not use those variables in the callflow.

Unfortunately there is no way to get that information in the callflow in current version. We may add it in future releases. Until then, if you want to use it for external code execution, maybe an option could be catch the error inside the component and return it as an output parameter or return value.

3. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

Yes, that is possibility. Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi,

The latest version of the VAD allows quering those variables in runtime (and not only in the debug window).

So, now you can know the cause of the error, and log it to a database or whatever you need...

Thanks for your feedback!

5. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

Perfect, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.