Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Error In Server Activity Log ParseBuffer.cxx.949

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ivan308, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivan308

I am seeing the following error in my Server Activity Log.
    I am also having issue getting multiple lines at a remote location working. Not sure if the errors are related but they showed up at the same time.

Code:
    22:11:10.224  Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
      Embedded Solutions
                        ^
       @ .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949
    22:11:06.225  Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
      Embedded Solutions
                        ^
       @ .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

This means that SIP server has received a SIP message with malformed 'From' header. Header name must have colon (':') symbol after it, ie. it should be 'From:'

Also, as I can see, it would also have problem with display name part of SIP address - display name must be enclosed in double-quotes (") if it has a SPACE symbol inside it. So, correct From header would be

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ivan308

Is there anyway to determine where these malformed SIP messages are coming from ?

Are these from one of my providers ? vitelity, voip.ms, flowroute
    Is this coming from one of my sip phones ?

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It should be clear from trace logs. From the piece of logs you pasted it is not clear though. Try to look before or after. The Contact header of the message usually has FQDN or IP of the source.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.