• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Error In Server Activity Log ParseBuffer.cxx.949

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivan308

Reaction score
I am seeing the following error in my Server Activity Log.
I am also having issue getting multiple lines at a remote location working. Not sure if the errors are related but they showed up at the same time.

Code:
22:11:10.224  Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
  Embedded Solutions
                    ^
   @ .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949
22:11:06.225  Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
  Embedded Solutions
                    ^
   @ .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949

ivan308 said:
Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
Embedded Solutions

This means that SIP server has received a SIP message with malformed 'From' header. Header name must have colon (':') symbol after it, ie. it should be 'From:'

Also, as I can see, it would also have problem with display name part of SIP address - display name must be enclosed in double-quotes (") if it has a SPACE symbol inside it. So, correct From header would be

Is there anyway to determine where these malformed SIP messages are coming from ?

Are these from one of my providers ? vitelity, voip.ms, flowroute
Is this coming from one of my sip phones ?

It should be clear from trace logs. From the piece of logs you pasted it is not clear though. Try to look before or after. The Contact header of the message usually has FQDN or IP of the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.