Error is 0x0

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by user1010, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user1010

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello all - new to this site and I'm not a very technical person. Does anyone know or has encountered this issue before. Power went out for about 4 hrs today for which was to long for the battery backup on our 3cx phone switch. Now 4 of our 8 polycom phones keeps rebooting in a non stop loop and gives an error code on the screen that reads "config file error error is 0x0. This is on 3 polycom 301's and 1 polycom 501. We have rebooted the phones a few times by unpluging and replugging them, rebooted the computer that the 3cx software is on but nothing works, the phones just keep rebooting and giving us that error. Can someone help? Not sure what to do next.
    Thank you for your time and help,
    user1010
     
  2. LeonidasG

    LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2008
    Messages:
    1,501
    Likes Received:
    99
    On the PBX do the following:

    Start > Run > Services.msc
    A window will appear with the following contents (Look at screenshot below)
    Make sure all the following services are started, if not, start them yourself.


    If that doesn't work, go to your PBX > Settings > Activate license, and make sure you have a license activated.
     

    Attached Files:

    • serv.jpg
      serv.jpg
      File size:
      69.7 KB
      Views:
      1,196
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. user1010

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    will take a look at that this afternoon but since the other 4 polycom phones work with no issues, would the services that you describe not be working since those phones do work. The license is activiated. Will take another look but if they is anything else to try I will -- need help in a bad way.
    thanks
    user1010
     
  4. SY

    SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2007
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    2
    I have the "dead" Polycom phone on my desc. The problem is the same. It was started at the end of August. The phone was powered off for a few weeks before that time.

    I will try to reanimate it because I really miss this phone and audio processing is the one of the best, especally PCMU/PCMA.
    So, I'm planning to perform following steps:
    1. "factory reset" and cleaning up the DHCP options related to this phone.
    2. When it will be half reanimated and will stop to reboot, I will try to access it using using web client application (IE, Google Chrome, FireFox, Opera etc.) to try to check options related to autoprovisioning an will try to upload phone firmware.
    3.I will adjust options related to TFTP/FTP and then will try to configure option 66 on the DHCP server again
    4. If I will get this (Error 0x0) report again, I will try to repeat procedure from step 1...

    Thanks
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. user1010

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Still having the issue. We tried the suggestions with no luck. Services were up and running. Do have a new development, not only do those 4 out of the 8 phones have that issue, we did a factory reset on another polycom 301 that has never been on the system and set it up using all the files that went with one of the 301's that is working and just changed the info within the files to match one of the extensions that isn't working - basicly set up a new phone on the system. After doing so, the phone went through it's booting cycle and come up with the same error - error is 0x0 and started rebooting all over again. Any ideas on this?
    thanks
    user1010
     
  6. SY

    SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2007
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    2
    I've recovered my phone (it is IP450).
    In my case, the source of problem was the configuration "cached" by the phone (have no idea where from it got it).
    I've created new provisioning file using management console, updated option 66 on DHCP server and then reboot phone.

    By the way, in my case, the phone showed "Config file error 0x4020", not the "Error 0x0", sorry for incorrect information.
    I think that if you describe the flow of messages shown by the phone during "boot up" procecedure then it may help somebody to provide some hints.

    Thanks
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.