Error Message

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by clockhart3216, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clockhart3216

When trying to assign an extension - getting the following:

An exception occurred EditExtension Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. InnerException: TCX.Configuration.Exceptions.PhoneSystemException: Unknown variable '%%TimeZoneName%%' in template.

Any help with this issue would be GREATLY appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. briankayser

You can avoid that message if you pick a Time Zone on the phone provisioning tab vs. leaving it as "Use global PBX settings."

The issue is that for whatever phone you selected, the default timezone in the template does not match a default in the system parameters. Go to Server Manager -> Parameters and search for "zone" If you have a Yealnk, does the TIME_TIMEZONE_YEALINK value equal exactly what your provisioning template lists?

If in Parameters
    Code:
    TIME_TIMEZONE_YEALINK = GMT-5:00 US Eastern Time, New York
    and the tempate has this below (you are good)

Code:
     <timezoneParams param="time_timezone_yealink">
          <!--The first entry is the selected entry in management console-->
          <option value="-5" displaytext="GMT-5:00 US Eastern Time, New York" id="0" zone="-5:00">
    If they are different (in any way - even missing a space) that is the issue. I had to update TIME_TIMEZONE_YEALINK in my V14 installation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. clockhart3216

Brian,

Thanks for your help. I think that it was a space that was not allowing the provisioning to work. I really appreciate your help!!!!

4. briankayser

Happy to help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.