Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Error on deployment

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by SWSDEV, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

The following error is happening on deployment

I am connecting from a Vista laptop over the internet to a remote win 2003 server running v8.

This happened when I used http://servername/ivr instead of http://servername:5484

I know the second one is the correct one, but I still thought I'd let you know that if I use the incorrect way of deployment it gave me a false sense of successful deployment (No files uploaded during the progress bar, but I got the successful deployment message).

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

Actually I just got this error on a normal deployment also.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi,

Did you manually remove files from a previous deployment in 3CX server? That kind of error may happen when for example you remove an .ASPX file from the server, and then the IIS restarts some components automatically. If you have the admin interface when that happens, you may get some error messages...

Another option could be deploying a new project with the same name than a previous project. In that case, you may be changing some web server files, and cause IIS to reload them...

Let me know if you're doing something like that.

Thanks.

4. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

No, nothing like that. No files have been removed, and the projects are unique names.

When I deploy from the development machine, the error simply comes up on the other machine, but only sometimes it seems. Howeve the IVR still works right now, so it doesn't seem to have affected the voice application itself.

5. VAD_Support

It seems like a problem that occurs when you add new files to the IIS while it's running.
    Is it happening in some specific screen of the web administration interface, for example the services status page? Or is it happening on many pages? Does it happen only with the web interface, or can you reproduce it with the windows app interface too?

6. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

That makes sense. I haven't tried it with the windows interfce so I'll give that a shot when I'm able to.

And as far as which page of the web interface, I think I've only been on the Digital Receptionist page, so I'll play around with that.

7. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

As I'm thinking about it more... the error is a null reference exception, and it's happening when the UpdateDNNode function is being called. So if you're representing an extension with DN object, then would that be related to the new IVR extension that's being deployed?

8. VAD_Support

Yes, it's possible, we'll investigate this further, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.