Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Error on outbound calls with Broadvoice: "400 Bad Reque

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by critech, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. critech

I have had this problem since I installed the 3CX system. I have tried in version 3.1 and version 5 RC2, with the default settings for Broadvoice, and while reconfiguring basically every setting in the system in an effort to get it working. Every outbound call results in the "400 Bad Request" error being returned from Broadvoice's Proxy server. I've also installed an X-Lite phone on the 3CX server and connected it directly to Broadvoice and am able to send/receive calls fine.

I have an Asterisk PBX connected to the same network, behind the same firewall (Sonicwall TZ170), and my SIP phones (Polycom IP 501, and X-Lite soft phone) work flawlessly when connected to the Asterisk system, which is connected to Broadvoice.

I've contacted Broadvoice and 3CX support and haven't made any progress as of yet (3 weeks since first contact with them).

Incoming calls through Broadvoice to the 3CX system work fine, but haven't been able to complete a single outbound call since I've been working with this system for a month now.

My conclusion is there is some setting in 3CX that has to be configured outside the scope of any of the technical documentation that is provided, in order to get it working with Broadvoice. However, I've re-configured every setting available in the system with no luck at this point.

Here is the output from the log file:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    11:51:44.281 CallConf::Rejected [CM103005] Call(21) is rejected: Bad Request
    11:51:44.281 StratInOut::eek:nCancel [CM104008] Call(21): Call from Ext.605 to 8503870961 terminated; cause: 400 Bad Request; from IP:147.135.4.128
    11:51:43.901 CallConf::eek:nIncoming [CM103002] Call(21): Incoming call from 605 (Ext.605) to sip:8503870961@192.168.1.205
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

2. lateralis_m

Hiya....

Any luck with this issue? I have been having some problems with Broadvoice and am curious if you've had any luck?

Norm

3. critech

Error on outbound call with Broadvoice "400 bad request

Discovered the problem boils down to our Internet firewall, which is a Sonicwall TZ170. I would imagine others experiencing similar problems have higher-end firewalls like ours that have to have some special configuration to make it work properly. It is doing something to the packets between the 3CX system and Broadvoice which is causing the outbound calling problem, and a couple other problems related to inbound calls not being connected and disconnected properly.

We've analyzed packets on the LAN and WAN side of the firewall and it looks like there may be some packet coming from Broadvoice in the initial setup of an outbound call which is requesting authentication from 3CX, but the packet doesn't make it back through the firewall to the 3CX system, so the 3CX system doesn't know to authenticate first and tries to dial out without authenticating.

I replaced the Sonicwall with a basic Linksys residential router and all the problems went away.The 3CX system works GREAT now! The odd thing is, the Asterisk system I’ve been using is also behind the Sonicwall firewall and it hasn’t had any problems when using it with Broadvoice. There is obviously something different about the packets being transmitted from 3CX that is not getting translated properly through the Sonicwall, which doesn’t seem to be a problem with Asterisk.

It looks like Asterisk just sends the authentication credentials up front during the initial setup of the outbound call, and doesn't need Broadvoice to request authentication first; so Asterisk isn't hindered by the firewall.

We are replacing our Sonicwall with another router/firewall for now, but will continue to try to figure out what the actual problem is and how to resolve it with the Sonicwall router. We have used Sonicwall routers for years, and many of our clients use them as well because we have had great success with them…so hopefully we can figure out how to make it work with 3CX.

I intend to find a solution (at least for Sonicwall devices) and Will post as I have time to examine it further...but for now I'm enjoying our 3CX PBX working FLAWLESSLY connected to Broadvoice through a $50 Linksys router.

What firewalls/routers are everyone else's 3CX systems behind who are connecting to Broadvoice???

4. lateralis_m

Thanks for the post..... We haven't even added our sonicwall yet....we are just sitting behind a linksys for testing purposes....

We are unable to register at all....

5. bjlamarca

I have been having the same issue. A created a one-to-one NAT in my TZ190 to the 3CX server and it seems to have solved the problem. It is not really a secure solution, but it works. When I get some time, I will lock down ports that 3CX does not use to make it more secure.

6. discovery1

discovery1 Member

In the Sonicwall's VoIP section select "Enable SIP transformations" - this allows the SonicWALL to understand your SIP calls and VoIP works significantly better with this switched on. Don't change any other settings in this screen.

I assume you are all running the latest Firmware on the TZ's?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.