Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Error recording Digital Receptionist greeting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gtinet, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtinet

Hello -

I have a couple Digital Receptionist created and they are working correctly. However, today when creating a new one I am getting an error recording the greeting/prompt.

I click Record.
    Enter filename.
    Select Extension.
    Answer extension, record message, then hit #.
    But, about a second after I hit #, I hear a message that says "No saved messages."
    Call disconnects.

Installed 3CX version is 15.5.9348.3

I would appreciate any suggestions or guidance you may have.

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @gtinet

Are you recording from an ip phone or from a 3cx client? In case of an ip phone, is it on the latest firmware and provisioned with the default template? Also, can you replicate this when using a 3cx client?

3. gtinet

Hi,

I tried from my ip phone and from the windows client. The client is version 15.5.8801.3 and the ip phone is a SNOM320 that I have been using for the last two years. I've always been able to use either one in the past to record a greeting/prompt.

Last night I upgraded the 3cx version to 15.5.10244.4 and also rebooted the windows server but that did not solve the problem. I also tried other extensions and I get the same error.

I just modified the greeting on my voicemail box and it works correctly. The problem seems specific to Digital Receptionist greeting/prompt file.

Thanks,
    Kevin

#3 gtinet, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  4. McFired

I was able to fix this issue by logging into the server itself and deleting the previously recorded audio file and then restarted the services.

5. gtinet

Hi McFired. Thanks for the response. I'm recording a new audio file so there isn't an old one to delete, but my next step is to go in to the server and delete any old unused greetings and restart.

6. gtinet

Deleting old greetings and restarting services did not make a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.