• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Error recording Digital Receptionist greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtinet

Customer
Reaction score
Hello -

I have a couple Digital Receptionist created and they are working correctly. However, today when creating a new one I am getting an error recording the greeting/prompt.

I click Record.
Enter filename.
Select Extension.
Answer extension, record message, then hit #.
But, about a second after I hit #, I hear a message that says "No saved messages."
Call disconnects.

Installed 3CX version is 15.5.9348.3

I would appreciate any suggestions or guidance you may have.

Thanks,
Kevin

Hello @gtinet

Are you recording from an ip phone or from a 3cx client? In case of an ip phone, is it on the latest firmware and provisioned with the default template? Also, can you replicate this when using a 3cx client?

Hi,

I tried from my ip phone and from the windows client. The client is version 15.5.8801.3 and the ip phone is a SNOM320 that I have been using for the last two years. I've always been able to use either one in the past to record a greeting/prompt.

Last night I upgraded the 3cx version to 15.5.10244.4 and also rebooted the windows server but that did not solve the problem. I also tried other extensions and I get the same error.

I just modified the greeting on my voicemail box and it works correctly. The problem seems specific to Digital Receptionist greeting/prompt file.

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:
I was able to fix this issue by logging into the server itself and deleting the previously recorded audio file and then restarted the services.

I was able to fix this issue by logging into the server itself and deleting the previously recorded audio file and then restarted the services.

Hi McFired. Thanks for the response. I'm recording a new audio file so there isn't an old one to delete, but my next step is to go in to the server and delete any old unused greetings and restart.

Hi McFired. Thanks for the response. I'm recording a new audio file so there isn't an old one to delete, but my next step is to go in to the server and delete any old unused greetings and restart.

Deleting old greetings and restarting services did not make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.