Error Registering with Broadvoice

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been on the phone with Broadvoice for awhile checking these settings, here is my configuration:

Name of Provider Broadvoice
    Proxy Hostname or IP NYC-SIP.broadvoice.com
    Proxy Port (default is 5060) 5060
    Registrar Hostname or IP sip.broadvoice.com
    Registrar Port 5060
    Time between registration attemps (in seconds) 3600
    Stun server Hostname or IP stun.voipbuster.com
    Stun server Port (default is 3478) 3478

Here is the error I'm receiving:

22:40:46.858 Registrar::eek:nFailure: Registration failure: <sip:7573259260@192.168.0.10> for sip:10000@192.168.0.10

I'm behind a Smoothwall firewall and have specified the Stun server....please help....thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not getting registration either and here are my settings...

Name of Provider: BroadVoice
    Proxy Hostname or IP: proxy.broadvoice.com
    Proxy Port (default is 5060) 5060
    Registrar Hostname or IP: sip.broadvoice.com
    Registrar Port 5060
    Time between registration attemps (in seconds) 3600
    Stun server Hostname or IP: (blank)
    Stun server Port (default is 3478) 3478

Here is the error I'm receiving:

23:48:42.487 Registrar::eek:nFailure: Registration failure: <sip:321234xxxx@3CXPhoneSystem> for sip:10002@3CXPhoneSystem

My BroadVoice account is setup with a Generic SIP device in the account settings.

Why did you use stun.voipbuster.com? Does BroadVoice not offer STUN server?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BroadVoice still will not register (plus rude and unhelpful)

Ok I have now captured packets from my 3CX server to three different BroadVoice proxy servers and they all return a 503 status. After phoning BroadVoice and having a person answer the phone "hello" almost immediately I was shocked.

The person who answered said he had never heard of 3CX and since it was a non-supported system he did not have to give me any information. I told him I did a packet capture and saw that the two proxy servers I tried to register with were returning 503 errors. He explained that my account had no registration activity since 8-Dec and that he could not help me. I offered to send him a copy of the packet trace and he said that would be fine but he would not do anything with it.

Can someone please tell me what the deal is here? There seem to be many people asking this question and not one word from anyone on the solution. Is BroadVoice the problem here and I need to find another provider?

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Broadvoice works

Hi,

First of all i recommend using the latest version we posted yesterday. You can download it directly from

http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3cxphonesystem2.exe

3CX Phone System works fine with Broadvoice and has done so from the start. For some installations, the last build had some issues but these are fixed now.

You must follow the steps described in the manual for creating a VOIP provider and also unblock the appropriate ports.

You can post the server status log and we can review where the error is occuring.