Error restoring from v14 to v15.5 (win)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sip.bg, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

I tried to restore a v14 backup file during installation of v15.5 sp1 in Windows 2012 server, all windows updates applied beforehand.
    Configuration data is missing -- extensions, trunks, inbound, outbound rules, etc.
    License data is restored properly, but the PBX configuration is empty.
    No errors indicated during installation process.
    What could be the reason ?
    I don't want to recreate PBX manually.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

Not positive on this but you may have to upgrade from v14 to v15 then to v15.5.

3. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Could try, I've successfully imported a v.12.5 backup file on v15.5 sp1 installation several days ago, again WIn 2012 Server, only call history was not imported (expected). Meanwhile I restored V.14 to the above case customer to be able to use his PBX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

Well if you've done it before then I guess it works. Your original backup corrupt maybe?

5. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Just created 2 times, I tried restore from both files. When I restored the same backup file to V14 installation, everything is OK. So, the file should be OK.

6. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

Same results restoring to v15?

7. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

I will try restoring to V15 later (may be tomorrow), the customer needs to use his PBX and is annoyed by downtime.
    He is fine with V14, only expected shutdown of V14 softphones on Jan 1st, 2018 will be an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.