• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Error "specified network name is no longer available"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamerdrv

Reaction score
Hi. One of the workstations on my work outputs a message-box with an error message "Specified network name is no longer available" when copying files through the network from this workstation.
As much as I know this error often relates with third party drivers (for example, an antivirus or backup software that includes drivers to intercept file operations; the Symantec, Kaspersky and Acronis forums and knowledge bases have references on this error message).
But in my case this error appears only if 3CXPhone is running. Disabling of the antivirus drivers does not help. But if I close 3XCPhone application then network file copying works normal, if I start 3CXPhone - the error appears again (even without a reboot of the workstation).

The network adapter on the problem workstation is Realtek 8168 (VEN_10EC&DEV_8168). OS - WinXP SP3
If I disable "Offload TCP LargeSend" option in the settings of the network card driver, then the error disappears as well (even if 3CXPhonw app is running).

In the end, I have disabled the "Offload TCP LargeSend" option, and now use 3CXPhone. But... I don't understand how 3CXPhone can affect network file copying. This is very strange. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.