Error updating assistant

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by carolinainnovative, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolinainnovative

Running 3cx 9 beta 2 on Win Server 2008

Running 3cx Assistant Installed Version 9.0.13011.0 / Executable Version 9.0.0.13009 on Windows 7 Pro x64

This could be a known issue - just let me know what else you need from me. I looked but couldn't find any other posts referencing it.

Went into updates within 3cx itself. Saw there was one update for assistant available - namely "3cx Assistant Installer Update." The description read: "3cx assistant installation package update 13211" with a version of 13211.

I told 3cx to download the update, which it did.

Every time I load 3cx Assistant, I am now prompted to download and install the update. Good, right?

I did so.

I get this message after it finishes downloading:

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. carolinainnovative

I'm still having this issue - although a NEW update was available today - which I had the system download - this time version 13240. However, I get the same issue when I update it.

In fact, I just manually downloaded and installed yesterday's update package (which installed as 9.0.13179) to see if MAYBE it would work and download TODAY'S update package. No such luck.

Any ideas?

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Dont download this - we know about it.

Basically we are preparing a new updating mechanism that downloads the assistant package updater and automatically upgrades and provisions your assistant.

This will be available in the next release. So ignore updates for now in the beta stage. It tells you wrong header because the beta 2 does not understand this new updating mechanism.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. carolinainnovative

I figured that would be your answer but didn't find that written anywhere - so wanted to make sure.

Thanks Nicky!

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Problem is that between beta and rc we have a lot of changes going on.
    So we do not have time to update users. Especially when live things like system updates come into place.

Wait for the RC to come out and you will see exactly what this will do. Basically the 3CX welcome email will now have a new link that will build on the fly an installer for the assistant and will inject the provisioning file specifically for the user that clicks on the welcome email. The stub will download the assistant and put the prov file inside. User will see assistant connected on screen with his details entered in - no need to enter credentials or admin to stay running around fixing problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. matictec

matictec New Member

Wow. That sounds very nice. With the start of 3CX V9 we plan to prensent the 3cx in public demonstration events in hamburg, germany. We think that V9 will be the best update ever.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for the feedback - yes this is a great feature.
    users want an application that is installed and ready to use without putting now more complex and secure authentication id's and passwords, Ip's or hostnames etc. And now with tunnel configurations and passwords, things become more time consuming for the admin. So this is the best solution so far. V9 should be out soon - in the next week we will start seeing the first release candidates. Stay on the lookout for notifications on the 3CX Blog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.