• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Error when deplopying project

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknott2243

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to 3CX so this could be something easy I overlooked.

I installed and configured 3CX last year along with a VAD project to verify callers pin codes and then forward based on the input being valid/invalid. Unfortunately right before putting this in production the whole project was stopped and 3CX was put on hold until recently.

I have installed 3CX v9 on a new server and imported the backup from previously and finished the configuration. Everything is working great except the VAD project. It hangs up instantly with no error that I can see.

I looked through the project again and did not see anything problematic and the same project worked perfectly before. To test I removed the digital receptionist and then tried to build and deploy the project again to see if it was just an issue of it being applied from a backup.

Unfortunately when trying to deploy I receive the error:

"object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I am trying to deploy this as a release build and I see it start uploading one WAV file and then the error is seen.

I cant find any logs that points to anything helpful.

Any ideas out there? I am praying I don't have to build it from scratch because it took me 3 weeks the last time to create this and get it working.

Thanks,

Chris

One addition, I just tried to deploy a debug build and the error there just say's "tenant" then fails.

Hi,

This is pretty sure a configuration problem in your VAD project. Take a look at this article:
http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/vad-common-deploy-error/

If you have the latest version of VAD, then you will have to configure your project to V9, because your PBX is v9. You have to change it in the properties window for your project. The default setting for that property is V10, so pretty sure you need to change this setting.

Please, give it a try and let me know.

Thanks,

Hello,

I found this last night and made sure to set the project as v9 and also the VAD as a whole. I then rebuilt the project and tried to deploy it. I am no longer seeing the error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" but not when almost complete it errors with the error "Tenant" and nothing else.

I looked in the link you sent and nothing is mentioned there about this specifically. I am thinking if I should try downloading the older VAD used to build this, might have originally been v8 possibly. The email I have the reseller is saying when I purchased the release at that time was 8.x.x with 9 in beta and being released within the next few weeks at that time.

Any options?

Thanks again.

Hi,

I suggest you to use the latest version of VAD, as there are some bug fixes that could eventually cause you some problems.

The problem you're experiencing is caused by a different library version in 3CX and the VAD. Questions:
- Are you deploying the application locally or remotely?
- If deploying remotely, have you enabled remote access to the configuration in 3CX server?
- What's your operating system for the 3CX server and the PC where the VAD is installed? 32 or 64 bits?

A quick test could be installing the VAD in the 3CX server and deploy locally. Local deployment doesn't have this problem. But if you can't do it, we can continue investigating this.

Regards,

Hello,

I have the VAD installed locally on the same server with 3cx. Its a WIN2K8 R2 box x64.

Let me know what if you need anything else to help further.

Thanks.

What version of VAD do you have installed?

The VAD change log (http://www.3cx.com/blog/change-log/vad-change-log/) shows that build 3679 version 2.0.3679.0 has the following fix:
Problem when deploying projects to a 3CX Phone System installation with no tenants (invalid PBX version)

Are you using IIS or Abyss? Do you have the configuration port set to 5485 in the project properties?

Thanks,

Thanks again for everything, the forum support here as been world class!

I am running VAD build 2.0.3679.0 and the port on the project is set to 5485 and I am running Abyss for the webserver.

Thanks again.

Well, I think this is something related to the 3cxpscomcpp2.dll library. That library is used to connect the VAD with the 3CX configuration service. We need to be sure that we use the same library on both sides. So, something we could try is the following:
1) Close the VAD
2) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX Voice Application Designer and check that you don't have the Dependencies_8, Dependencies_9 and Dependencies_10 folders. if you have them, move them away for example to a temp dir (don't delete them just in case we need them back).
3) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX Phone System\Bin and copy the libraries 3cxpscomcpp2.dll and sl.dll to the VAD folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX Voice Application Designer).
4) Open the VAD and try to deploy again.

With this procedure we're forcing the VAD to use the library from the local folder instead of using it from the GAC, just in case... And we're sure that we're using the same binary on both sides.

Please, give it a try and let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Not sure if its better or not but after doing this I receive a different error.

I am now seeing the following error:

"The system cannot find the file specified (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

I am not sure what file it could referring to as the project files have remained the same from the beginning.

Thanks for the continued help.

Wow, that's weird! That seems to be a problem loading a native DLL. Do you get that error when you deploy the project? Or when opening the VAD?

Have you tried restarting the server after copying those libraries?

Have you tried doing a remote deployment? I mean, installing the VAD in another PC and deploy it remotely.

Please, send me the list of files/folders that you have at C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX Voice Application Designer, including the version for DLLs and EXEs.

Thanks,

Hello,

I rebooted but still seeing the same error as before.

I have not tried doing a remote deploy but will try in the morning when back in the office.

The attachment was too big so I uploaded it to my webserver, URL is http://email.icewarp.com/3cx.zip is what I see in the VAD folder. VAD version is the latest 2.0.3679.0 and server is v9.

Would you like to see the project and see if you can deploy it to a v9 install?

Thanks.

The problem is not in the project. If you can build it without errors, that's it. Then the VAD only copies files and makes the registration using the configuration server, so the behavior is the same for different projects.

Please, try to do a remote deployment. Then you will be using another DLL for the connection with the configuration server, maybe that fixes the problem.

Because of the HResult error you told me, I'm not sure if the server where the 3CX is installed doesn't have some problem. Another option could be trying to install 3CX in your PC for example, and then deploy locally. Just to figure out where the problem is.

Regards,

Thanks again for sticking with me on this. Deploying it remotely worked and I am finally able to move forward and test the app again. It worked perfectly when I created but now getting an invalid option message so I'll go back through it and see if anything is missing but again, nothing has changed in the app itself since it was last tested and working so not sure what it would be.

Is there any known things I should be looking at when having created it on v8 and now trying to run it on v9, any functions changed, etc. that might cause some issues with the functionality of the app now?

Thanks again, your support here is really first rate and why I will continue to promote 3CX to others.

Chris

I have spent some time looking through the project and cannot see anything ( doesn't mean I didn't miss something) that would cause the invalid option message.

I have a pretty low level simple app that just validates a code entered against DB's.

It starts with the Menu, 2 options:

1 - to go to enter pin step
2 - go to sales queue

when entering pin a message should be played telling them what to do, when entered it then put to the DB for valid or invalid and then tells the customer.

The problem right now is from the beginning menu of the app I get an invalid option now matter what I press so it never seems to leave the actual beginning menu.

Again, this worked in the same fashion on v8 so not sure if its just an issue of a small difference between versions.

Any ideas? This would be the last roadblock for me to deploying 3CX finally.

Thanks again for everything.

Hi Chris,

We always make new versions backward compatible. Every project should work without changes on new versions of the PBX, or new versions of the VAD.

Please, could you send me the project so I can take a look at it? If you don't want to make it public, send me a private message and I will instruct you on how to send it to me. Sometimes 4 eyes see more than 2, so maybe I find something in the diagrams...

Thanks,

That would be great, I am sure it is just me being a novice to 3CX.

I will put it on a webserver and PM you the URL.

Thanks again for everything, much appreciated.

I've been looking at your project, and it's well designed to do what you need.

I think you're experiencing a bug in the VXML interpreter into the 3CX IVR, that reproduces an invalid message when the user input block has the last prompt played. A possible way to fix this could be adding a prompt playback component just before each transfer component, with the AllowBargeIn property set to false (here it is explained why you need to set that property: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/config-last-message-to-play-on-a-vad-app/). This way you play back a known message to the user before transferring (and disconnecting the call from the VAD point of view).

The message could say something different in each case, for example explain why the user is being transferred to an operator (PIN validated against the database, PIN not validated, invalid PIN input, etc.).

Please, try changing the project as described and let me know if you get it working.

Thanks,

If I understood you correctly I put a prompt playback in the beginning of option1, 2, 3. Unfortunately the same results, just receive the invalid message. I have uploaded my project again after changing this and will be PM you the new URL to download. It is very possible I did not do exactly what you were referring to.

Thanks.

Sorry, my mistake. It does seem to have helped get past the invalid message. I am not just having the user pin prompt loop.

At this stage that it now seems to loop is where it should be validating against the MySQL DB. Is there a log (I am building these in debug) that can show me if it is actually taking the DTMF input and connecting to the DB?

Thanks again, almost there I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.