• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Error when trying to activate demo license after SP6

Status
Not open for further replies.

camoralesm

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am getting an error when trying to activate the demo licenser installing SP6..

"unexpected error failed to open registry key licence 66 system 0"

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Is this the key you are using? I8VM-OXW5-GRI6-EIV4

Is there a problem upgarding to SP6 using I8VM-OXW5-GRI6-EIV4?

I had the same situation and not only with a demo license - with all our licenses (we are running multitenant).

I was then told by support that I have to reinstall all tenants, but there is a workaround that worked for me for the moment, found within the comments of the initial anouncement for SP6:

• Locate Registry Key HKLMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\3CX
  • Add a subkey, PhoneSystem under that branch. Now activation succeeds.

Hi,

All these posts should be related to multitenant. For multitenant please uninstall and install again. If its not multitenant please specify.

@danhriscanu

It is meanwhile clear that multitenant has to be uninstalled/reinstalled for SP6 to work, although I would have appreciated that this info would have been published within the main SP6-post initially.

What is irritating, is that it says in the initial docs for multitenant that "multitenant can only be updated via service packs", and that new update breaks this rule.

As the result, one of our customers had to work with only half of their licences this morning, until I got instructed by SW to reinstall multitenant.

Imagine someone having all 10 tenants deployed (we have four): it is a huge task for updating these, has to be done well outside of working hours and involves a lot of (carefull) work. I understand all good intentions behind reactivation and other improvements, but you will probably also understand our frustration when confronted with such issues unprepared. Especially taking into account, that the instructions to reinstall multitenant (and the workaround hereto) appeared only in the comments to the original post.

The scenario is correct. I do use multi-tenant and I use the demo key. Yesterday, since I couldn't find a solution I tried reinstalling multitenant.. however I started getting a very similar error when trying to activate the demo key, even when udating to SP5. I tried a couple more times, and I could get it activated with SP5. I haven't made any more changes until I could hear back from this thread.

As I understand it right now, there's two ways to make it work:

1.- Modify a registry setting. (I can do this if that's the only option.. and it is a fairly simple change).

2.- Reinstalling multitenant. As far as this option, how is that supposed to be done?
1.- Do I backup the configuration, uninstall, reinstall, create a basic configuration, update the system to SP6, activate and then do a restore of my actual configuration? (I already tried this, and I got the same error when activating a basic configuration (through the wizard) while being on SP6.
2.- Do I backup the configuration, uninstall, reinstall, RESTORE the configuration, and then update to SP6 and try activating?

On the other side, is there a more recent multitenant installer that already includes SP6?

Thanks for your help!

camoralesm said:
On the other side, is there a more recent multitenant installer that already includes SP6?

I was told that the original link now points to the updated installer.

Hi,

Yes, the Multitenant download link points to latest version of installer.
http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneSystemMultiTenantV10X64.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.