Error when trying to call through CRM

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Kris Peck, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris Peck

We have a client who is currently experiencing an error when trying to call from CRM.

“Outbound call could not be processed: An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail. --> At least one security token in the message could not be validated.”

It is a CRM hosted by another company so the issue of it being a time sync issue doesn't seem likely as that is the only other lead I have received.

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Kris Peck,

Try the following:
    1) Close 3CXPhone
    2) Delete the file "%UserProfile%\LiveDeviceID\LiveDeviceID.xml"
    3) Start 3CXPhone again

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kris Peck

@edossantos

That folder and subsequent file don't appear to exist.

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

%UserProfile% is an environment variable which will expand to something like C:\Users\USERNAME.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kris Peck

@edossantos

I understand that. However what you have written implies a folder called LiveDeviceID in the Username folder and it will have a LiveDeviceID.xml file within it. No such folder or file exist.

6. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I understand, that's probably because that file is only there when you are using a cloud based Dynamics CRM instance, but here it is on-premise, right?

Do you have this issue with all the users? Try changing the user's password. We have seen cases in which the password was close to expire, and had authentication issues because of that, and they were gone after changing the password... Also please check with other users so we confirm if this is an issue with this specific account or not.

Kind regards.

7. Kris Peck

@edossantos

It is a cloud based CRM not on-premise.

Only a few users are having it but only two are not having this issue while another 3 or 4 are still having it. I'll have them reset their passwords and see if that resolves it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.