• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Error when using SMB with Scheduled Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.ebner

Customer
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I tried to use Backup to a SMB Target with Update 4.
After configuring the Backup Target (It's a Synology NAS) I ran a manual Backup which was successful.

But when the scheduled Backup runs, I get the following error in the E-Mail I receive:

3CX Phone System tried to backup but failed due to the following reason(s):
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find the specified file.
at _3cxFilesystemImplementations.Samba.Smb2FileSystem.Move(String filename1, String filename2)
at BackupRestoreSchedule.BackupJob.Execute(IJobExecutionContext context)

Any idea what could cause this? It's strange that the manual backup works but the scheduled one with the same target does not.

I dealt with this on our internal system.

My NTFS permissions were set for everything EXCEPT change owner and change permissions. Once I granted those 2 the issue disappeared. So try granting full control to the parent folder and set inheritance on.

Like you I also had manual working and scheduled not.

I do only have these permissions on the share that I can set:

Read
Read / Write
No Permission

The user has Read / Write Permissions on this Share.
What is 3CX doing different on schedule than it does on a manual backup with the same target?

When 3CX does a scheduled backup, it renames files. When my SMB backups were failing, I found the file did get created and was stored as .zip.temp

Synology has advanced NTFS permissions as an option - you may need to look into that.

I also can see the .zip.temp file.
Strange is that I can manually rename it.

So the rights for that should be there.
Why can't 3CX do the same? ;)

Update:

I converted my Permissions on the Synology NAS to Windows ACL Permissions (Advanced Permissions)

After that the scheduled Backup is not working fine. I also activated Advanced Permissions and gave the users that already had permissions Read/Write Permissions.

No futher adjustments needed to be made to make it work.

Update:

I converted my Permissions on the Synology NAS to Windows ACL Permissions (Advanced Permissions)

After that the scheduled Backup is not working fine. I also activated Advanced Permissions and gave the users that already had permissions Read/Write Permissions.

No futher adjustments needed to be made to make it work.

I assume when you wrote: "After that the scheduled Backup is not working fine." That you meant "After that the scheduled Backup is now working fine."

So this can be closed?

yep, I ment it is now working fine.
This can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICT BE Peleman
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.