Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Error while installing version 9 - After using ccleaner

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nithin, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nithin

Hi,

I tried to install this new version after uninstalling the old one, but it's getting failed. when ever, I'm trying to install it's showing that " 3CX PhoneSystem Setup ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again"

I tried to install it again at a later time more than one time, but it did not happen.

Now, I'm not able to install the old version also, same error is coming.

so please help me to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
    Nithin P.

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Re: Error while installing version 9

Hi, I would read this document - http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/uninstall-check/

Also did you have problems uninstalling, before installing Version 9.
    What is the Web server that you are using?
    After the Installation did you reboot the machine?

Check Event Viewer for any errors?
    Check Task-Manager if there are any process still running.
    Go to Run > Services.msc and check if there are any services of 3CX still there.

Also What Operating System are you using?
    Is it fully updated with latest Microsoft updates?

Also go to %temp% - there are two files >
    3CXPhoneSystem_install.log
    3CXPhoneSystem_Uninstaller.log

Send them to mb@3cx.com to review.
    Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nithin

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your reply. I read that document and installed 3CX Installation Checker. After scanning for 3CX Phone System, 3CX Installation Checker is telling that "You can install 3CX Phone System on this Computer". But, I have tried to install version 9, but, the same error occurred and then I tried to install version 8 at that time also the same error occurred.

I am using windows XP service pack 3 and it is fully updated, in fact, it's regularly updating automatically.

I could not find any of the 3CX files either in System folder or Registry.

I run CCleaner quite often so I could not get any uninstall log files in the temp folder. sorry for that.

regards,
    Nithin

4. nithin

Hi Michael,

I have sent "3CXPhoneSystem_install.log" to the given id. please check it...

regards,
    Nithin

5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Nithin,
    You answered your own question by yourself.

Basically CCleaner is an application that removes registry key , transformation tables, temporary files, cache and so on,
    without you knowing what it's deleting.

You tried to Install Version 9, and you thought is was a problem??
    Then you installed Version 8 and same problem??
    Who knows what CCleaner did to your machine.

From the logs you sent me I see that transformation tables are missing. Of course you can't install 3cxphonesystem.

Did you also tried and remove 3cxphonesystem using CCleaner too?

Try installing on another machine and you will see that it will work perfectly.
    Thanks and Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. nithin

Hi Michael,

You meant to say that CCleaner has deleted Transformation Table of 3CX Phone System that is why it is not possible to install 3CX Phone System again on my computer, then I have a doubt, when ever we are installing 3CX Phone System first time in a computer or if I am going to install 3CX Phone System in another computer, in that computers how Transformation Table of 3CX Phone System will be available? CCleaner has deleted everything related to 3CX Phone System in my computer after I did a Un install, so it became as good as a computer in which we have not installed 3CX Phone System till now. In that case, what will be the issue?

regards,
    Nithin

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No you should not have doubts about anything.

The problem is not ccleaner. The problem is that you just trusted that what ccleaner thought is rubbish, you accepted and just easily pressed CLEAN or remove. These things do not work like this.

When you use an application like ccleaner, make sure you know what you are doing and what you are removing. Because what ccleaner might think is garbage, unfortunately it is not. Probably your windows installer is broken.

Try and install 3CX on another computer - with the same installer. if it works, you cannot blame 3CX. Also that installation of 3CX has been installed on hundreds of thousands of windows os's worldwide. You know why it is not working on your machine.

Also - I personally have seen ccleaner delete valid registry key entries of applications, and asking to delete system files so I I know exactly whats wrong on your machine. CCleaner with your permission deleted stuff that you need for your windows to work.

Now either try and system restore, recover, windows updates, maybe reinstall .net and windows installer or format the machine. Those are your only options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.