Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Error with 3CX TAPI Driver + Windows Dialer.exe

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tbphoneguru, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbphoneguru

Hello 3CX Community!

I have a weird behavior with the newest 3CX TAP Driver in combination with Windows dial.exe and need some help.

My System:
    Softphone: 3CX Phone for Windows (14.0.49169.0)
    3CX Plugins (TAPI Driver): Newest version from the Website

Tested with different Office Versions:
    Office 2010 x86
    Office 2013 x86
    Office 2016 x86

I know there is also a Office Plugin available but I need a working TAPI Driver for use with other Software.

3CX Phone + TAPI Driver without Office Installation:
    After Dialing a number (tried different number formats) --> Error: Internal error occurred in Phone Dialler. Quit and restart Phone Dialler.

Office 2010:
    Calls out of Outlook works like it should - no problems

Office 2013 and 2016:
    When I dial a Number from my Outlook Adressbook - the dialer opens - when i click on "start call" I get an internal error with the hint to reopen the dialer - after that my office freezes - im also not able to restart the TapiSrv service under services.msc. A complete System reboot is the only solution to continiue working with Outlook.

I use the exact same configuration as with the working Office 2010 Installation.

It would be very nice if someone has a solution for this problem.
    Thank you in advance!

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I have not heard of this before personally, but I would recommend initially:
    - Doing all Windows Updates.
    - Uninstalling any AV software, at least temporarily.

If this does not solve the issue, the check the following file: C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\3CXWin8Phone.user.config

In that file there should be a line similar to this: <add key="CRMPlugin" value="CallTriggerCmdPlugin"/>

If you do not see a ",3CXPhoneTapiPlugin" in that line, add it manually, so in the above example, the line would become: <add key="CRMPlugin" value="CallTriggerCmdPlugin,3CXPhoneTapiPlugin"/>

Save the file and make sure you restart the 3CXPhone app.

3. tbphoneguru

Thank you for the quick reply!

The entry in the config file was the solution for my problem. :D
    I tested everything in 3 VMs with a fresh windows 10, ms office and 3CX Phone+Tapi installation - nothing else was installed.

The working VM with Office 2010 installed had the config entry but the VMs with Office 2013 + 2016 hasn't.
    Could it be a bug of the installer?

Greetings!

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I believe this is a permissions issue where the installer in some cases cannot modify that specific file. For this reason I would recommend always installing the 3CX Plugins with 3CXPhone closed and run the installer with right-click "Run as Admin", just to be sure.

5. AlanM

Like tbphoneguru, I have the same issue with Outlook 2016, 3CX v15 SP2. I have tried the suggestion offered by NickD but do not even see a line in the config file mentioning plugins. The name of the config file in my installation is
    "3CXWin8Phone.exe.config" which is different than "...user.config"

It has been awhile since I used the call feature from Outlook, but the last time I did it worked. I believe that was 3CX v.12.5 and Outlook 2010.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.