Error with Call Data Record Output in 3CX 9

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JakeT91, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JakeT91

I'm having a problem generating a Call Data Record file using the in built feature in the advanced settings menu.

Whether I set it to output CDR into a single file or separate files it will not work.

I have attached the Phone Call History log file fresh after a restart of the Call History Service which looks like something may be wrong with security settings?
    However I don't know what the security settings should be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to make a visual basic application to display the data contained in the CDR.

I'm running 3CX Version 9 SP1 on Server 2003

Thanks

Jake

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Jake, does this file exists C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
    Data\3CX\Data\CDRTemplates\CDRTemplate-Single.xml'.

If Yes, please send me a backup of your system to mb@3cx.com.
    Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JakeT91

Hiya,

Yes all the files that should exist do.
    However, in 3CX 9 when hovering over the blue question Mark next to where you specify whether you want CDR to be output into single, multiple files, or a socket it specifies the filenames without the 'template' so I changed the file names but still nothing.

I will send a backup right away.

Thank You
    Jake

4. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Jake,
    I restored your backup in house, made some calls everything works perfect.
    No Exceptions found anywhere. Your issue is for sure about folders permissions. Please Check.
    Thanks and Regards

5. JakeT91

I've got the CDR Working now.

With Server 2003 I had two 'All Users' folders. One called All Users and the other All Users.WINDOWS

It required the templates to be in the 'All Users' folder and the SMDR.cs file in the 'All Users.WINDOWS' folder.

I'm now trying to customise the CDR.
    I've deleted all the bits from the template that I don't want and it's giving me exactly what I need however when a new call record is added to the file it's written on the same line rather than appended underneath.

What bit of the template controls the appending of the next record. I'm looking at it and I can't see what bit that I've deleted would control the returning for the next record?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.