Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Error writing to file: 3cxpscomcpp2.dll

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by idlea, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idlea

I have this install problem and it is a result of running MicrosoftFixit50198.msi http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222 It is a tool to overcome problems caused by windows update of internet explorer.
    After running the tool 3CX would not start.
    I un-installed 3CX but I cannot re-install because of this problem ... Error writing to file: 3cxpscomcpp2.dll
    It is possibly something to do with.......The patch you ran removes the right of all domain admin accounts to logon as a service, this is the issue you will need to address to get 3CX up and running again but I do not have the knowledge to address the problem.
    I am testing 3CX on an old pc with an up to do xp pro install, apart from it being slow it has been working fine until now.

Hope someone can help.

thanks in advance.

Ian

2. discovery1

discovery1 Member

The MS KB article is very specific on how to fix all of those issues - have you read it and tried all of the steps?

What version of windows are you running this on?

Make sure you have at least XP Professional - XP Home is not supported

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. idlea

SOLVED : Error writing to file: 3cxpscomcpp2.dll

The tool did fix the problem on my laptop and did not cause any other problems. The problem I had was with a computer with a clean up to date install of xp pro
    The initial symptom of running the checker was not having access to 3cx via the browser, I was advised to reinstall and that compounded the problem.
    I have now managed to reinstall. The problem was caused by 3cx not uninstalling
    correctly. The problem dll still had a reference to it in the registry
    along with a few other items even though the checker gave the ok to reinstall. I ran windows install
    clean up and that allowed me to reinstall.
    Imported the backup and all is ok. Had to run windows script 5.6 first
    as I done a repair on xp and removed the service packs so I had ie6, I was only getting blank pages. Then downloaded ie7 and everything is now ok.

I have had a few problems the main one caused by a bt home hub not forwarding the ports correctly. Plugged in my Netgear dg834 and that fixed that. Going to give the pbx a dedicated broadband line as well.

4. ciscotech2007

So your issue is resolved now or?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. idlea

Yes as I said everything is ok now. Tell me something as this is the second time I have had a problem with uninstalling 3cx is there are problem with the 3cx installer? I cannot recall many programs coming with a clean up tool either.

IDL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.