• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

EU-Datenschutzgrundverordnung(DSGVO)

timmbo

Silver Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi there,

It´s not se easy for me to explain in english, so i try at the Basics.
On May 26 the DSGVO will be active and 3CX has a Problem with the Contacts(at my Oppinion).

I´m not able to choose the Extensions where the Contacts should be provisionised, right now at all Extensions the hole Company-Contacts are provisionised.

A big advantage of VoIP-Systems are that i can add Customers or Companys where i buy from to my Extensions, so i can call them directly, but they should not seen my Company-Contacts.
After May 26th this is prohibeted and i have to delete all my Extensions they outside of my company.

Like i can choose that some Extensions has no possibility to call outside(Land or Mobile Line), so there should be a possibility to choose some extensions get no Company-Contacts even on the Webclient.

Bye
Timm

Reactions: modellflieger
Upvote 6
It's common in austria to connect phone sytems with external partners/services providers.
But without the possibility to block or hide information it's against the EU-GDPR/ DSGVO.
Hosting an external phone or pbx at this external companies will be uncommon , also will most times not be accepted by them.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.