Evaluating 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xrated, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xrated

Hi
    currently i am at home testing 3cx with unsupported Fritzbox. So i even found an guide how to setup, but Firewall test is still showing:
    • testing port 5062... full cone test failed
    On Router 5062 is correctly forwarded according to settings. On Port 5060 i am using Asterisk on a different server without issues. Is this still normal behaviour?
    Just want to make sure there are no problems with different router, its gonna be either Bintec BeIP or "Digitalisierungsbox".

And another thing, is 3CX also working with multiple standard non trunk SIP accounts i.e. Telekom?

If queues are not really needed but the caller should get a greeting instead of ringing is this possible with ring groups?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The firewall checker is not an absolute test, but an indication as to whether there might be problems. There are a number of factors that can come into play, but the acid test is to see if you can make and take calls without issue (including voice in both directions and for a minute or two). As far as the other routers, I cannot say as I have no experience with them.

As for other providers, the key is whether they conform to the SIP RFC. If they do,, then there should be no issue, but then they may say they do when they do not. You may want to do a search on the forum for Telekom and or any others and see what others may have indicated.

With regard go the ring group (sounds like Asterisk) question, the answer is not directly as you are used to, but you can direct the call to an IVR which can have a message and then do a timeout so that they are forwarded directly to the ring group afterwards. There will however, be a message announcing the transfer to the ring group.

You can effectively mimic a ring group with a Q and have the message as well; just have the members logged into the Q so the calls get routed.

3. xrated

Provider Telekom is listed as supported SIP trunk: https://www.3cx.de/partners/sip-trunks/
    but i have no idea if thats just for trunks.
    Also for the router i need a model which is supported by Telekom and 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.