Exchange 2007 and 3CX on same server.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ase, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ase

Ase

Hi,

I have a local Exchange but why do not 3CX software allow email adresses like XXX.XXX@XXX.local?
    Normal .NO .COM .NET etc is OK.

//Ase

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

The PBX is designed to accept email addresses that can be routed over a public network.

If you have Exchange on 3CX machine your DNS should have a forward lookup zones for your domain that contains an MX that resolves to the internal IP of your Exchange server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ase

Ase

Hi William,

I did put in the MX record into the DNS, but no change.. (I restarted the computer, cleared DNS cache aswell).
    I also tried to use the IP of the server instead of the servername in the "Mail Server" part of the 3CX but no differens.
    (Exchange and 3CX runs on the same server).

Any other ideas to try?

//Ase

4. Ase

Ase

Hi William,

Why does the program try to resolve the SMTP at this state? (I do not think it does anything other than check if the ENDING is 1-3 characters long(xx.xx@xx.ENDING)).
    Other software can take any email as I like (not working if it is wrong ofcourse).

//Ase

5. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Can you add another address to the Exchange recipient policy like *.lan to see if 3CX will allow that type of TLD to be used?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

We are looking into allowing any RFC complaint email address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.