Exchange 2007 SERVICE PACK 1 integration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rarelyoffline, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rarelyoffline

Hell0, All,

Apologies if this has been raised before but a search didn't reveal what I was after.

I'm following the 3CX published instructions for the set-up of the Exchange 2007 Unified Messaging components to integrate with 3CX (http://www.3cx.com/support/exchange-server-2007.html) but this set-up is for the RTM version of Exchange 2007 (not the most current version...Service Pack 1). there are additional questions in the set-up around whether to choose SIP URI, telephone extension or VOIP and I'm not sure which to choose?

Can anyone help? Thank you very much in advance.

Kindest Regards

Andy

2. rico06

rico06 New Member

I tried to make it work and at the end 3CX told me it can not work if 3CX server and exchange 2007 is on the same server. It was supose to be fix on the version 6 but I didnt see anything about exchange on the liste of improvment and I didnt test.

I am interested if you have the same configuration, to know the result and the setting you use (if you have to chnage the port 5060)

bye

3. rarelyoffline

Sorry, I should clarify, Exchange 2007 and 3CX services exist on seperate servers. they are not installed on the same server. Thanks

4. ndl

ndl

did this ever get answered?

We are evaluating 3cx at the moment and one of the key features is exchange integration, we have exchange 2007 sp1.

I started to follow the instructions here http://www.3cx.com/support/exchange-server-2007.html but they do not match how you configure exchange 2007 sp1.

Is there an updated faq?

Thanks,

martin

5. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

I have it working with SP1. Didn't have a big problem following the set up instructions, even though they are slightly different.

So, in summary, it does work.

6. ndl

ndl

BJReplay,

So all you had to do was follow the wizards and accept all of the defaults in exchange 2007 sp1 and everything just worked. No extra configuration of options was needed.

thanks,

martin

7. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Can you please confirm the version and build of the Exchange 2007 you are running on?

Also, are you running Rollup 4 for Sp1?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

More or less. Some set up doesn't have defaults (e.g. a dial plan - you must specify the number of digits in extension numbers, and PBX IP / dns name - again there is no default). But, follow the basic directions, and fill in the information regarding your 3CX configuration where required.

9. William400

Hi

We have followed the FAQ without issue or differences.

We suspect that some rollup or update is caused the differences. Please advise rollup number / version of Exchange that reflects the inconsistencies.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. ndl

ndl

ok, thanks for the replies, I have got it working but..

What I have found is that if either the exchange server or the 3cx server is rebooted the integration stops about 70% of the time. To get the integration working again I have to goto General settings -> Microsoft Exchange 2007 Integration and untick "Use Exchange 2007 for Voice Mail" and press OK and then clear the dialog box that appears. Then re click "Use Exchange 2007 for Voice Mail" and press Ok again and again clear the dialog box. I do not restart the server and the integration work again.

So I think it was configured all of the time I just had not found the unclick and reclick trick!

Our exchange server is fully patched with the latest rollups applied, 3cx is as updated as the "Versions/Updates" pages tells me.

thanks,

martin

11. William400

Hi

We have reproduced this issue with V6.1. A restart of the 3CX Digital Receptionist Service should resolve this without the need to enable / disable the option.

We are unable to reproduce this with V7.

12. ndl

ndl

Thanks

martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.