Exchange 2007 Unified Messaging integration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by skovoroda, Apr 14, 2007.

1. skovoroda

I'm trying to integrate Exchange UM with 3CX Phone System. I've just started, so the issues are quite basic.

Exchange allows to specify the IP Telephone gateway by IP address only, no authentication options etc. It has to be configured as a SIP trunk on IP PBX. When I point exchange to my 3CX and start the MSExchangeUM service, the following SIP conversation happens:

MSExchangeUM logs "unsuccessful ping" error message after that.

Any clues on how to configure 3CX so that Exchange can connect and doesn't get 404 right away?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3cX does not support exchange as yet I believe, that integration is part of the enterprise release.

Also you use TCP, should that be a UDP?

I am trying the same thing but than with exchange 2003 (I think it is) but exchange and me do not agree with each other all the time. i am a bit light on exchange so I left it for the time being.

3. skovoroda

Support is. I wonder if it can be done without support.
    Nope, Microsoft sticks to SIP over TCP in both Exchange 2007 and LCS. That is the reason why we acn't use cheap IP telephony devices like Linksys SPA 3102 (btw, do you know if it is possible to enable SIP/TCP on that device, and if there are detailed manuals?)
    Well, I'm not an expert yet - Exchange Unified Messaging is just released. But I think that's an awesome feature that just happens to be priced out of many small businesses. Even those who use Small Business Server - just the telephony integration is quite expensive. Which is a shame.

So I'd like to experiment more.

Any idea how to create a SIP trunk that doesn't require authentication in 3CX?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can set SIP Transport settings to TCP/UDP/TLS now what that all does I do not know :oops: .

The Lynksys manuals are sheit, I am trying to get my hands on some doco. In general it is trial and error with me. (mostly error).

try.
    voip gateway --> advanced options --> Require (optionally: authorized) registration for: Nothing (doesn't require registration at all)

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We are working on Exchange 2007 integration. Its already working in our labs, and will be included in the PRO edition.

That said you can deliver your voice mail to your email right now, without the need to upgrade to Exchange 2007, install a separate exchange UM server, license cals and all that.

6. skovoroda

So there's nothing in the current free and small business versions that will allow to configure that integration?
    Interesting. Care to give clues as for the configuration?

7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

How to setup voice mail is documented in the manual. Please check the manual...

In short:

Configure the smtp server in general settings
    Specify for the extension that voice mail should be set to forward to email
    specify email address

Thats all. Look ma, no exchange 2007 :)