Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Exchange Global Address List

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by BiOSJames, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiOSJames

I have RC2 installed and I'm trying to set up synchronization for the Office 365 Global Address List my company uses. I've been able to set up the required user account and I can sync contacts for a specific user but the Global Address List isn't syncing automatically in to the Company Phonebook of 3CX. I might be missing something as there isn't much documentation for this feature but do I need to type something in to the "Configure Public Folders to Synchronize" in order to download the Global Address List? There are no errors in the server event log.

2. BiOSJames

Just following on from my original post - while performing the synchronization I noticed the event log shows a line stating:

"SyncContactsFromGlobalAddressList: False"

I've checked the system settings for this entry but I can't find it anywhere, how can I set this to true?

3. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

hello,

the GAL can not be activated via the interface due to some constrains the GAL has and we req. to inform the user about the issues before he/she can enable it...

the biggest problem is that an GAL user does NOT have an unique ID so we can track changes for a gal object.
    Also EWS only allows you to pull randomly the first 100 entries so it is not clear what we are seeing or getting from exchange.

therefor, this part will mode to the LDAP connector in the next update...
    Public Folder and User Contacts can be pulled. also the next update will make use of all new contact filed of the pbx. so you may wait for this one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BiOSJames

Hi Stefan, thanks for your explanation of the current situation - I'll hang tight and see what the next release has to offer for this. On a side note - I've noticed that when synchronizing the contacts for a specific user the address book for that user then displays multiple entries per contact with each entry containing one of the Exchange contact numbers (e.g. Mobile, Business2, Company) - are there any plans to condense this to a single contact record with multiple numbers in future releases? Having 3-4 entries per contact gets a bit confusing to look through.

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

An LDAP connector.. to connect to Office 365 / Exchange Online? That WOULD be interesting to look at. :D

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

the next version does make use of the new tbook fields. dont worry. but the fileds came on one of the last days and therfore we needed to keep our "workaround" to present the number type to the user.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. steadybit

I tried to Exchange Sync Feature and only the User Contacts are beeing synced.
    The "SyncContactsFromGlobalsAddressList" parameter is still set to "false" and iam not able to change that.

Is this feature still not implemented? I wonder because the manual says its possible to "Import Global Address List (GAL) into the 3CX Company Phonebook".

Please reply :S
    Thank you,
    Fred

8. sexy-trousers

* bump *

I'm also trying to sync my 3CX phone book with our GAL, but I'm also seeing the "SyncContactsFromGlobalAddressList: False" in the log - with no way to set SyncContactsFromGlobalAddressList: True..

Thanks TJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.