• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Exchange Integration Changes in v12

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobaltit

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Since it appears the Exchange Integration has been removed from the 'base' license and is now part of the 'Pro' feature set, perhaps we can include TLS support in the Exchange integration so we can integrate with Office 365? Almost all of my 3CX installs is a customer using Office 365.

Ditto this request, we have 90% of our clients using Office365. It would be ideal to see 3CX work with it in some way.

@cobaltit

How does certificate exchange work in this scenario? Which certificate would the PBX machine need to use for this?

@kevin

Not sure on the implementation. I guess just an interface like the Secure SIP page where one could upload the certificate and key. It can't be a self-signed certificate, and I believe Microsoft is particular about which CAs they support, although that is not a 3CX issue.

Also, I just noticed in v12 there are two blocks on the Secure SIP tab. One says 'Certificate' and one says 'API key'. Should just be 'Key' or 'Private Key'

I'll see if I can't track down my notes from when I set it up with Asterisk.

@cobaltit

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/secure-sip/

...this link might help clarify.

@kevin

Sorry I should have been more clear. I meant regarding the integration with the Office 365 Unified Messaging. Although I guess it shouldn't really be necessary as 3CX already integrates with Exchange 2010/2013 UM, the only difference being that Office 365 requires it to be done over TLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.