Experience of running 3CX on a VPS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jonathandbaird, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonathandbaird

Has anyone had experience of running 3CX on a VPS before? I am not asking for recommendations of which VPS providers are better than other, just purely trying to identify whether or not a VPS is a suitable platform for a 3CX instance? For what I've read online, some people say yes it's fine whereas other have had issues. I have installed the 3CX v15 Linux variant on a VPS with OVH as per 3CX's guide and so far (5 days in) it has been working wekk, however I have had an issue before with another provider where all worked well for months then every now and again we suffered with awful audio for a day at a time some times.

Any advise/reassurance would be appreciated! :)

2. neville

neville New Member

I have been running 3 since the Linux version was released. One is our in-house system and so far no issues with the system. Our SBC has had some one-way audio issues but we have narrowed it down to the SonicWALL firewall and plan to do some testing that next week with Zyxel and pfsense.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

The SBC dropped into our office and tunnel for softphones/smartphones has been pretty solid.
    Service desk at the office has been fine, and for some reason I set up my own private line with a separate setup at home.. though the only calls I get are wrong numbers or solicitors.. go figure.

4. IT Hamster

I've been running 3CX on various hosted platforms for about 2 years now.

Multi-tenant and stand alone.

Stand alone runs way better than the multi-tenant setup. The multi-tenant setup has weird issues with it that more often than not result in 3CX support telling us to "move everyone to stand alone".

As for quality- i've been running 3cx Linux on AWS and it's working pretty well so far.

5. 3cxBora

Hi IT Hamster,

When you running on AWS, what is the vCPU and instance type you use? Do you use with SSD or HDD?

For remote ip phone, do you use SBC, VPN or STUN to connect 3cx on AWS?

TIA,
    Bora

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.