• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Experience so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

norlem

Reaction score
I think it’s a great idea for 3CX to pursue a free softphone for mobile Android phones, like it’s sibling on Windows it serves as a great marketing tool to build awareness for the 3CX product.

I am hopeful there will be a method to label a profile as connecting to a 3CX PBX in future builds that exposes proprietary features, like the ability to change call rules on your extension, access visual voicemail, click to dial etc.

The current build’s inability to show caller id as mentioned in an earlier post is a deal breaker for us, obviously this will get fixed and it will be far more viable for us going forward.

As it sits today sipdroid has all the same features in a more mature form, however we are very excited about the potential of this application, looking forward to future developments!

norlem said:
I am hopeful there will be a method to label a profile as connecting to a 3CX PBX in future builds that exposes proprietary features, like the ability to change call rules on your extension, access visual voicemail, click to dial etc.

As it sits today sipdroid has all the same features in a more mature form, however we are very excited about the potential of this application, looking forward to future developments!

For now our main goals are to make a functional Droid client that is compatible with most devices that won't crash, adding new features such as the ones you mentioned are a second priority for the moment.

Maybe SipDroid does, but the fact that it crashes if you try to do anything other than a simple phone call which makes it pretty much unusable.

To be honest we have never used sipdroid for anything other than simple inbound/outbound calls so I can't speak to that. I will take you at your word.

That is very exciting, if you guys can become the premier SIP phone on the Android platform it will do wonders for 3CX name recognition.

Again very exciting news and a good strategic move.

At the moment i don't see much competition on Android, although there is 1 good sip client on the iPhone but that will also have some competition from us pretty soon.

Totally agree on the Android front.

I think Counterpath is competing on the iPhone front which brings name recognition at the least.

Very cool stuff guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.